Saturday, April 23, 2005

I wish...

Good morning! I wish I could somehow get a mixtape of the music (over-confident, drum heavy, basstastic, glorious, swelling, cheesy, with frenzied violins and soaring vocals) that my deaf-ass neighbor blasts each weekend morning from about 9am-1pm. Is it disco? Classics? 80's music? I can't quite tell.

I swear to god if I could do it I would put together a show starring me as a high-energy one person dance team, dancing to all his favorite songs. (BOOM! SELECTAAAA!) It would be an intense, fantastic, 4 to 5 hour show. Big energy, lots of leaps, gyrations, and winks-- fancy twirls. Lots of arms. Maybe some one-handed push-up sections! And a team onstage to lipsynch all the vocals (pantomine electric bagpipes, etc).

The whole time the audience will know this is the music my neighbor wakes me with each morning but here I am onstage making lemonade.

I try to write down each song as he goes, but the only one I've ever successfully id'd by song title was "Ring My Bell." The spirit of this song gives you song sense of his tastes and the general energy level: DING DONG DING AAAYYYOOO--RING IT! Good morning.

UPDATE: Identified another one: Teri Desario: "Ain't nothin Gonna Keep Me from You." More about Teri on 80s Music Central!

No comments:

Post a Comment