Monday, April 4, 2005

GET TO KNOW THE VARIETY SHAC PLAYERS, PLEASE

There are four of us in the VARIETY SHAC show team ensemble. We don't perform together much except for in our short films. Meaning, at our show we each do our own individual spot--AND EVEN HOST SPECIAL GUESTS WHO DO SPOTS. This is particularly important to note because this is the first time that this has ever been done in New York (where a series of performers do their act on a live comedy show). This Tuesday our short film is about a potluck. If you have ever been to one you will totally get it right away and feel in on all the jokes.

But who are we? WHO ARE THE VARIETY SHAC PLAYERS?

We are...inclusive...


We are...a loving, tightly-knit unit...


We are...almost always in a playful/cheerful/funtime mood...both individually and collectively, weeknights and otherwise...


We are...people who eat cookies together...


We are...attentive lovers...


We are...super into color and movement...


Readers: I hope this has given you some sense of who we are as a team. I believe I have always tried to let you in, to show you the way things are with me, the lens through which I see the world. As you know, this lens is often rosecolored as I am full of romance and whimsy, but I am trying for your sakes to be as realistic about who we are as possible and with no holds barred. There is nothing I would hate worse than for you to ever feel I have deceived you...ever...ever....
--Chelsea Peretti April 2005


Thanks to Brandi Ediss for all photography. Brandi: there is nothing we can say but thank you...for all you have done...all the photos you have taken...there is nothing we can say to give you your time back...thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment