Monday, May 16, 2005

Reverse Brunch Commute

Did a reverse brunch commute this past weekend and the verdict is...loved it, NYC! Will definitely return to the other boroughs for weekend eating sometime soon.

Put it like this: It's going to be popping off, come breakfast-time, all summer long. I already have plans to head to Hoboken to try Diana's...what else should get in the mix? Queens, talk to me in the comments section, let's get this shit active. I know I've been MIA (no, if I were MIA hipsters would have crushes on me and Ejike would think I was overrated), but seriously, let's jumpkick this blog back into fertility.

Anyhow, in this weekend's RBC I met a Brooklyn companion for a plate of huevos rancheros. (He had the french toast.) We happened to be seated directly beside a couple I know. There was a planter between us but other than that we were much less than an arm's reach away.

The benefit? I got a donut hole off their plate.

Bleated: Could I have one? Sure.

The downside? Couldn't talk about anything good over at my table.

Mostly just stirred coffee and squinted off into the distance as if something interesting had just been said and something else great was about to be said. Also made a remark about ordering the strip steak to split four ways. Hahaaha. That was fun for a minute. Then back to avoiding eye contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment