Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I work with a bunch of guys writing for a videogame

Want to meet one? Let's take a trip to the archives....

(From an old post about co-worker Curtis G):

What's great about Curtis is that he eats things like sticks of stank Chorizo for a snack.

If I turn my head an inch to the right, this is what I see:



Once we were in the conference room, bored, and we started crank calling friends on speakerphone. Curtis would act like a producer casting a new prank show for Animal Planet called Ewe Animal! (he'd spell it out: "E-w-e Animal"). And we'd just see if people were okay with doing pranks on animals. "We've heard great things about you...so, would you feel comfortable pranking animals?"

It's very close to the kind of calls we all get. And then you try to convince yourself "Yeah! Yeah...sure. Yeah, I'd prank an animal. Yeah, why not slap a donkey in the face...if it were done right...and there could def. be some funny stuff with dogs and cats...parrots...yes. Yes. My answer is yes. I'm very excited about this project. Done right, it could be very irreverent."

It was probably wrong that we did this. But oooo did we cackle in that conference room! And for those 3-5 hours...the time flew past.

No comments:

Post a Comment