Thursday, July 28, 2005

JURY DUTY: A look back...

I can hardly believe that exactly one week ago today I was just waking up to head (further) downtown for Jury Duty!

The time since then has flown past on feathered wings. The woman that walked into City Hall on July 21st no longer exists. She died that day...turned into a shell and was sloughed off.

In her place was borne a woman:

Who truly understood Democracy, who knew what it felt like to pay a major toll to her country...

Who had fought for justice in the face of injustice, who had offered up her body and soul and spirit to sustain the American way.

That woman can never go back to her old life, her old friends. She no longer speaks to her family. Why would she? They are horrible people.

Thank you jury duty selection process for awakening an inner light in me that illuminated Patriotism, Perseverence, Punctuality, Pulchritude, Panoply, Parvenu, Prolix, and Papanicolaou Smear.

What did I learn?
Everything...

What did I teach?
Far more...

Who did I love?
Croissant guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment