Friday, July 1, 2005

Dear Landlord or Super or appropriate Polish Male Authority:

Why is my steam heat on??

HEY, MAYBE LET'S ASK JULY 1ST:

JULY 1ST, WHAT'S UP, BAYBEE? WHY IS MY STEAM HEAT ON?

OR SHOULD WE REALLY BE ASKING 70-DEGREES-OUTSIDE:

YO, 70! SE-VEN-TAY!!!!!! SEVENTY DEGREES! WHY IS MY STEAM HEAT ON, MAN?

I totally wanna ask Relative-Humidity-of-93%, but that seems crazy...should I? Eeeek! Ah, f it:

RH93---! QUESTION FOR YOU: STEAM HEAT. ON. ANY IDEA WHY?

I won't bother asking AC because I KNOW AC doesn't know. AC is aaaall confused on this one. AC is scratching it's vents like "I don't get it! IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. WISH I COULD HELP YOU, BUT I'M TOO BUSY WORKING OT!"

This piece is entitled "Steam Heat in July." Originally, it was performed as part of Def Poetry Jam until it was yanked from the programming in a very early phase of pre-production. R. Simmons loved it but Kimora Simmons hated it. She felt it was poorly constructed and took issue with the sporadic use of caps (which correlated with yelling in the live stageshow). While the authoress can certainly beg to differ there is/was nothing she could do to prevent it from being pulled from the line-up. In performance the authoress does a very high-pitched voice when she is talking to "RH93"

No comments:

Post a Comment