Monday, February 14, 2005

Chocolate





Mom, does sister Lucy count as a stranger?

No, I don't think so, baby. She seems like a perfectly legitimate candy distributor.

Are you sure, mama? For some reason I don't trust her handwriting. It creeps me out and seems very scary.



Don't be silly, sweetheart. Now let's head over to the Nazareth Nursery to purchase some of Sister Lucy's chocolates.

I'm scared.

No. Don't be.

I'm very, very frightened, I feel cold all over.

You shouldn't be frightened.

But I am, it's a persistent, nagging fear.

Find a way to squelch that fear so you can eat some of Sister Lucy's chocolates.

I don't think I can erase a fear of this depth. I mean I have a really, really strong feeling about this woman and her chocolates. I cannot stress enough, mother, how much I think it would be a bad idea to follow up on a sign such as this.



It doesn't matter what you feel. You are being silly. It's Saint Valentine's Day! This is a very safe world and Sister Lucy is a normal component of it.

I'm not sure I follow...maybe I'm distracted by the feeling of sheer terror in the pit of my stomach and creeping into my bowels.

You'll feel better after eating some chocolates from Sister Lucy.

I really don't want to. I have a horrible premonition...





(To Be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment