Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Annual Birthday Letter to Myself

Each and every year, I work for months composing a birthday letter to myself, writing / editing / re-writing and then transferring to a beautiful card. Often I work well into the wee hours. When it's done, I read it and cry, heartily inspired.


Chelsea, my girl. I am so proud of you. You have accomplished so much this year! You bought the Garden State soundtrack at Barnes and Noble. You started a pun blog. You watched your mother learn how to knit right before your eyes. You read the Hobbit, bought an electric toothbrush--and so much more!

I cannot wait to continue to watch you grow.

Ever since you were a baby you've been learning things. Remember when you didn't used to know a stove was hot or that cleaning products were poison to eat? Your progress is INEVITABLE.

Imagine if you live 50 or more years how many other things you will learn like maybe how to organize photos with Flicker or some spicy dish you might cook. And on and on!


A big thanks to me for this one. I was encouraged, and touched...

No comments:

Post a Comment