Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rain

This post by guest-blogger John Mulaney

Oh gee how clever its raining again. How original. I'm being sarcastic.

What do I have to carry a towel around?

Guys I am soaked. SOAKED. and young and poor.

Blogging has been fun. I do not know how much longer I am guest blogging but while I have your eyes and ears I want to talk about something I need a lot of help on:

The GHOSTWRITER Cast Reunion Show

GHOSTWRITER was about a group of kids in Park Slope who solved mysteries with the help of a computer-icon-looking ghost named GHOSTWRITER. GHOSTWRITER could not speak but could read words near and around the people and places that pertained to the crime/mystery at hand. In a sense GHOSTWRITER could read and write but not "see." If GHOSTWRITER were helping the gang look for me he would spell out words like MALIBU DINER and UNISEX MULTI-RACIAL SALON.

Anyway the GHOSTWRITER gang consisted of Leni Frazier, Jamal Jenkins, Tina Nguyen, Alex and Gabi Fernandez (bro and sis) and for a while a kid named Rob Baker and then towards the end this kid named Hector who played hand-ball and was bullied by the now infamous George who called him "Peanutface."

Yeah so...so they solved mysteries that they normally fell ass-backwards into. Such as the time they entered the comic book contest and were met with acts of sabotage by a competitor in the contest named Stoop Dude. Stoop Dude's real name was Manny Gite and he lived with his mom but in order to fuck with the G-WRITER Gang he would adopt the persona of Stoop Dude (from his comic book) and try to thwart their chances of winning. He was a tool. Most of the time however they were battling wits with this foolio named Calvin Ferguson who went to their school and kind of wanted to be in the gang but kind of despised it...which sometimes to be honest was how I felt about them.

Rob Baker was also friends with this homeless poet guy named Double-T. I don't know if Double-T was ever involved in a mystery but he sure opened my eyes to the plight of the least-privileged among us.

Regardless...an imdb.com search will provide you with the actors' names. I have not listed them here for the sake of brevity. Google searches reveal Blaze Berdahl's (Leni Frazier's) voice-over agents and a fan page dedicated to David Lopez (Alex Fernandez). But then I'm stuck....I wrote to the girl who runs the David Lopez site and have never received a reply. Blaze's agency will not direct me to her specific agent. It has been a series of dead-ends that only GHOSTWRITER could get me out of!!! HA! Imagine that!

I would love to re-unite the gang for a one-night-only chat show and am reaching out to you the web-community to help. If you have any leads please email the blog. Subject: GHOSTWRITER HELP

That is all,
John Mulaney

This post by guest-blogger John Mulaney

No comments:

Post a Comment