Thursday, June 30, 2005

Blog politics

In the true spirit of blogging, here is an interview with myself.

Someone recently commented that your new design is ugly and hard to read, how do you feel about it? For those who care to know, here is what I really think on the matter: I would love to have someone trick out the design. It'll happen at some point. I liked the black template for a long time but I got sick of it.

How do you feel about your profile pic and the issue of a profile pic in general? Feel like maybe a profile pic is too distracting from the writing/jokes as I seem to get an inordinate amount of commenters debating my appearance (ie, saying I look like a tranny, saying I'm ugly...okay so not debating it so much as negating it entirely. Sniff sniff. And who can forget "N*ggerkiller" the commenter who suggested: Die Jew Bitch. Not a joke.) I used to have a smaller sort of character pic with me in huge glasses and a suit coat and no one ever talked about me being ugly. I miss them days...

This one:

I may go back to something more like this.

Do you miss the days when you posted pix all the time, as longerterm readers may remember? Yes. I look forward to switching to a different server soon and resuming with a more visual element to the blog.

Here's is what I'm talking about: Division of space in apt (roommate / me) and this: Underage drinking: bar full of teens! and Sister Lucy and Controversial Movie Reviews and The Gift That Got No Love and Bad Dentist and My favorite trick.

Am I ugly? Sometimes. Other times I look hot. There will always be hoards of uglier girls and hoards of prettier ones.

Am I funny? Pretty much. There are a bunch of unexceptional posts on the blog 2b sure, but also some real fucking winners.

Are comments a complete mixed bag? Affirmative.

Do I value the democracy of allowing all comments to stand no matter what? Fuck no. Die Jew bitch got deleted. This isn't a democracy it's a fucking stupid comedy blog. I put time into it so people can read it for free if they find it entertaining. I don't "owe it to you" to let your first thought stand as part of this little online publication. That said, I find a lot of the neg and pos comments have been informative on some level, so thanks for taking your time to read and respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment