Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Nature of the Beast

Admit it Sox fans... when Victor Martinez hit that home run off of A.J. Burnett, you had images of a clean sweep going through your heads.

And when Youk was on second with nobody out, you thought 8th inning rally.

Heck when Scutaro (sp?) doubled off of Rivera, I even thought I had the blog post topic set: Redemption!

But alas, another memorable (if sloppy) Red Sox/Yankees game goes to the other side.

And sadly I must update the tally.




DODGED A BULLET GAMES - 1

April 4 - 9-7 win against Yankees (On Opening Night, the Red Sox overcome a 5-1 Yankee lead with a game tying HR by Pedroia and a go ahead passed ball.)

TEETH GRINDER GAMES - 1

April 6 - 6-4 loss against the Yankees. (Scutaro's error leads to the winning run.)

Break even.

I wonder if there will be 162 teeth grinders and dodged bullets combined.
No blow outs or no "no brainers".

I wonder if a season like that would give me a heart attack.

Let's not find out.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment