Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cubby Hole

When I did NOT pick the Cubs to come in first place before the season started (I had them finishing 3rd), my e mail box flooded with so many people saying I was nuts that I had to defend my pick in another post.

Well folks, more than a 1/3 of the season is under our belts and it is clear at this point my prediction wasn't so nuts.

More than 1/3 of the way through the season and the Cubs have a losing record. They are closer to last place than to second place.

Yeah they can make up the 4 1/2 games that separates them from the Brewers...

But with their issues in the pitching staff and the lineup, do they seemed poised to go on a big run and leap frog 3 teams?

The Cubs have 101 games left to turn the tide.

If not, then 101 will have a new meaning... as in 101 years and counting




No comments:

Post a Comment