Monday, May 8, 2006

"No federal offense, guys, but I'm gonna burn all your mail for 3 years."

I can't get enough of Gregory Mewborn, the mailman who BURNED mail because, if I remember the quote correctly "It was too much" and "it just kept coming."


"Hm, Burn Pile or Burn Pile?"

This confirms all my crazy fears as pure gospel.

So many questions...
Did he feel batshit crazy when he lit those mailbags on fire?
Did he experience shame when he slipped on that proud uniform?

We may never know.

Great graphic opp not ignored by 1010 Wins:



Did you know the way it was discovered? An illegal drag race resulted in car exploding into Mewborn's home (pictured below). That is how Mewborn's secreted, half-burned mailmags were discovered.


The Mewborn Estates.

"Will you be having dinner this evening?"
"No, just desserts."

A BMW board digests this news, and offers a solid Mewborn quote about the car-induced domestic fire: “I heard the boom, but I was asleep, so I thought maybe I was just hearing things. When I opened the garage door, the flames hit me in the face, so that's when I said oops, it's time to get out.”

I did not find the BMW Board by googling--I'm a daily visitor/participant in that community.

No comments:

Post a Comment