Thursday, February 16, 2006

ICE BY ICE The Vanilla Ice Story in His Own Words

One of my favorite books that I own is ICE BY ICE, first printed in 1991. If you are doubting that the 164 page book is truly in Vanilla Ice's "own words" as the subtitle claims--do not worry. It is. There is no way VI had any assistance in forming the sentences and thoughts contained within this paperback treasure's colorful flaps.

Here's a part where Vanilla explains the hook to his most famous song:

"I always solved my own person problems and stuff like that. I never needed to talk to anyone to solve my problems. I take care of them myself. A lot of people need someone to talk to, but I've never been able to open up and do that. Never could, never will. That's just the way I am. And that's just exactly where the 'Ice, Ice, Baby' hook came from--'If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment