Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy birthday to two friends and potential rivals














As I have written before, I have twin boys. I had hoped to raise two Red Sox fans, but living on the West Coast has conspired against me.

With absolutely no prompting on my part, my boy Matty declared himself a Dodger fan. And I must say looks good in Dodger blue.

My other boy Aidan, the one who made so many correct picks last October, has aligned himself with his grandfather and become a Giants fan. And the Orange and Black look good on him!

I hope this continues... the thought of twin brothers rooting for arch rivals is too delicious to pass up. (Especially as I can watch as an impartial Red Sox fan.)

When I mentioned my boys at the end of Reverse the Curse of the Bambino, they weren't even born.

Today amazingly they are 5 years old. And I have always claimed that you truly start following the ins and outs of a pro team when you reach 7.

We'll see in 2 years if they remain Dodgers and Giants fans.

Happy birthday buddies... your daddy loves you and can't wait to take you to many many ballgames.






Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment