Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Yankee Fan















I wrote in an earlier post that Red Sox fans and Yankee fans should be friends.

I'll take it a step further. A Red Sox fan can love a Yankee fan.

There is someone in my life who grew up a big Yankee fan and to this day whispers into my kids' ears "root for the Yankees."

She grew up loving Mickey Mantle, and when #7 died, I called her to let her know I was sorry.

And she loves Joe Torre, who reminds her of her dad.

As I wrote last year
, my love for baseball history can be linked to my discovering this Yankee fan's collection of baseball books from the 1950s.

A Red Sox fan can indeed love a Yankee fan.
I admit, it is easier to do when that Yankee fan is the Red Sox fan's mother.

Happy birthday, Ma.
I couldn't be more proud to be your son.

As for MY son's baseball loyalties... it's looking like they are taking sides in ANOTHER big rivalry!






Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment