Friday, April 7, 2006

I have trouble remembering names.

Who really cares? Apparently, a great many people (who--due to journalistic integrity--shall remain nameless).

Here's a few things you can do if you want to give your name more sticking power:

1. Offer me a million dollars. Then tell me your name.
2. Have your name be something original, like "Elephantitis." "Oh, hey! I remember you! You were the only person named Elephantitis at that party we both went to."
3. Offer a solid mnemonic device. If you're hirsute: "Hey, my name's Lawrence, or.....Hairy Larry!" Nicely done, Lawrence. See you next time!
4. Know the mind of your new acquaintance. If you cared to ask, I'd let you know I'm a visual learner. Let's have me trace your name on a napkin. You write, I trace. Easy peezy.

~TBC~

No comments:

Post a Comment