Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A great review from menupages

Posted by Anonymous on 04/11/2005
Not recommended but I'm too lazy to go elsewhere
Red House is located right around the corner from me, so I've ordered there at least five times. Every time, I kick myself for giving into laziness and for settling for less than par food. The egg roll is probably the least offensive item you can order -- it isn't swimming in grease and is crispy. The wonton soup is not bad either, but is skimpy as they only give you 3 dumplings. The soup is clear and there is no meat in it that I can see. I order the combination meal of boneless spare ribs. Every time I do, I wonder why. They give you a round plastic container filled 5/6ths full of rice and about 10 small pieces of meat. It's usually charred black and has lots of slimy fat in the pieces. The taste is inoffensive but really mediocre. As for the atmosphere, it seems as though the people that work there are an enormous Chinese family. Every single time I've been there, at least 4-5 (up to 10) of the workers are sitting at the few tables (I think 4 tables) eating lunch or dinner and talking loudly. The young girl at the counter is very nice though. The prices may seem reasonable, but really, since so much of the food is rice or broth and not much substance, I honestly don't think it's a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment