Wednesday, July 11, 2007

1800Mattress FAQ

8. What are the rules for napping during the day? My office allows nap breaks.

If you work in an environment that allows you to nap, you're lucky. Many employers are discovering that employees perform better when rested, and some have set aside "nap rooms." However, you should probably limit that snooze to ten minutes at the office.


Really? "Really?" on so many levels.

First off, "what are the rules for napping during the day" is an 1800 Mattress FAQ??

And secondly, really there are employers that set aside nap rooms? I demand one instance. I would love to go for a job interview at an office that maintains a "nap room." Here's how the interview would end:

"So uh can I check out your nap room?"
"Certainly. We find it helps our employees perform better when they are rested."
"Nice. Because I like to use my nights to do other shit than sleep."
"Cool. We 'get that' here."
"What a relief. Man, I could stand to catch some zees - bigtime!"
"Here is the company nap room..."
"Cool gimme a couple hours and I'll let you know if I'm still interested in the job opening."
"Thank you, Ms. Peretti!"
"Someone's trying to stab me!!!!!!" (nightmare)

(The potential employer chuckles and quietly backs out of the nap room, shaking his or her head knowingly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment